This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by   Olive1983 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Yossi

Hello

We have been approved on December 2014 to be a permanent care with a view to adoption but still waiting for a match .
    Our agent told us no match has been found .The waiting time is killing us ๐Ÿ™
    Would be happy to hear any ideas to make the process shorter ?

we offered to do a respite care 3 weeks but didnt heard from the agent ๐Ÿ™

Thank you

Yossi

Khristina
    Ambassador

The waiting game is so hard …. Hopefully your first placement is soon. Be patient I’m sure it will be all worth it
    In the end !!

Yossi

Thanks .

We actually had a phone today from our agent . They have mentio our name a few times to a few cases .
    However they don’t think it is the right match for us .
    In one hand we can’t wait to have a child place with us but I understand the right match is very important.

I guess the time will come one day ๐Ÿ™‚

Ashleigh
    Participant

This sounds exactly like us as well. We were aproved in dec 2014 and have had no luck with any long term placements. Our agency seems to keep feeding us small amounts of good news here and there to keep our hopes up but it is hard waiting by the phone for almodt 12 months. We are thinking about changing agencies to a larger one as we’ve been told that bigger agencies have more children in care therefor more chance of getting a long term placement. Not many kids under 5 come in with short term oders straight away. We’re going crazy waiting!!!!!!!! :silly: :blink: :woohoo:

Yossi

Thank you ! We are still waiting for the call with no luck ๐Ÿ™ we were approved last December.
    We thought a match has found but Docs has decided to assess the current crises carers . So the agency still looking for other suitable match .
    We only consider children with permanent order has we feel it will hard for us if a child go back to his birth family .

We are with a big agency and they keep telling us it’s all about that right match ๐Ÿ™

So hard to wait for the phone call :-(((

Olive1983
    Participant

Hi. I was just wondering if you had had placements matched with you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.