This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by   pea1 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pea1
    Participant

Hi

Nobody responded to my last post, so I thought I would try again.

We are still waiting for our assessments after finishing the training and paperwork in August. We did have our assessments scheduled for September but they were cancelled as our assessor resigned and since then, our foster carer liaison manager has resigned. So still waiting with minimal communication about what is happening. When I rang last they say they will get an external assessor for us but not till mid December – early January. Is this a normal wait or should I be worried. If it isn’t normal, what should I do?

Norm+Lillian
    Ambassador

Hi, We can understand your frustration not only have you been waiting for assessment but waiting for some input from this Forum. It looks like you have been very unlucky with key figures in your application resigning. It’s a bit of a catch twenty two situation, you could start all over again with another agency or wait for new appointments to be made. With the holiday season upon us adding to the delays also. Every day is one more day closer to you getting a result, so hang in there we wish you well, you will get there in the end and the results will be fulfilling.

pea1
    Participant

Thanks for your response, I think one of the comments made it not clear whether they original question had been answered or not. I think that is my thought, that we either wait it out or move and start the process all over again. I was hoping maybe we wouldn’t have to do that if we went somewhere else.

I’ll wait till Mid January and then enquire again. It’s frustrating when you want to do it and we hear how desperate they are for carers, yet we are stuck in the approval process.

Olive1983
    Participant

Hi. I just wanted to let you know I completely understand your frustration. We completed our training Nov 2015 and did all our interviews and paperwork by early Feb 2016. We waited over 6 months for approval. The communication was hopeless and our caseworker left etc. I was so upset that something we were told would take 2 weeks, took more than 6 months. Please hang in there though as we did get our appproval. We are still waiting for a placement and I can’t say the frustrations over communications has been much better but I hope it will be worth it in the end.

pea1
    Participant

Thanks, it’s good to know I’m not alone in this, I guess I’ve just got to stick it out and wait!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.