This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by   Cherylj 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

888terri
    Participant

Hi my first post, not sure if I am in the right spot!

I am a foster carer with Wesley Dalmar (since 2007), on the Central Coast, NSW. I have 2 permanent placement children, who after being read the new “Charter of Rights” made some baseless allegations. I have been down this road before, and it is no fun, and I will not go through this again without a support person present.

The Foster Carer Association of NSW website is down and I have not been able to reach them. Are they not around any more?

I have to arrange a meeting with Wesley Dalmar but I want a support person present. Does anyone know how I can organize that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 🙁

Keymaster

Hi 888terri,

Have you contacted Connecting Carers? They have reps across the state who offer advocacy and support to foster & kin carers:
    http://connectingcarersnsw.com.au

All the very best,

888terri
    Participant

Thanks yes I found them and have set up a meeting. I will NEVER face one of these meetings without a support person, it’s just not worth it.

Cherylj
    Ambassador

Hi 888terri,

Allegations are unfortunately a road most foster carers will travel down at some stage. It’s great that you were able to acknowledge the need for a support person to be present, and not simply want to give up and walk away. Connecting Carers do a fantastic job supporting carers. I wish you all the best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.