Family and Community Services has transferred provision of statutory out-of-home care services to non-government agencies – this means that children and young people entering foster care are most likely to be placed with a foster carer via an agency. Many Community Services carers have already transferred to an agency.

If you care for a child where an order allocates sole parental responsibility to a relative, or when there is no order reallocating parental responsibility, you will not transfer.

If you are not sure whether you will transfer to a non-government agency, talk to your caseworker or call your local Community Services Centre.